Thursday, June 2, 2016

9 Week Update

According to my pregnancy app Nurture, the babies are the size of green olives.  The main development between last week and this week is that they started to grow arms and legs.  Finally the babies are starting to look more human and less blobbish.


Baby A is on the left with the head on the left, Baby B is on the right
and was moving too much for a good photo today
so that's why it is all blurry
Today we went in for another ultrasound scan and measurements.  Bath babies measured perfect!  They both measured 9 weeks and 1 day which is right on schedule.  They both also had heart beats over 170 which is also wonderful news.  The most exciting part is that we could really see the babies moving today.  Baby A is now referred to as my little dancer.  We don't know the gender yet, but for some reason I want to refer to her as a girl.  Anyways, you could see her head shaking and her arms moving up and down.  The first time the doctor said she was wiggling, the truth is I couldn't see it.  But then later on he went back and she was moving a ton.  It was so amazing to see.  And now for Baby B, otherwise known as my yogi.  This one was head down with feet up in the air doing a headstand.  The doctor again said this one was moving but I never was able to see it.  They are starting to take on a more human form, but there is still a lot of blob action going on.

As for me, I'm doing OK.  I am on day 6 of no bleeding.  That is a huge sigh of relief.  The cramping is still there though.  Cramping is normal, except that mine only comes on when I stand up and it comes on really strong.  Because of this, he isn't comfortable letting me off bed rest, so he ordered bed rest for two more weeks and then told us to discuss it with our high risk pregnancy doctor and see what she says.  So two more weeks of bed rest for me.  But really, all that matters is that the babies are doing good.

Seeing movement on the screen is amazing.  Then not only can you see the heartbeat, but you can hear it too.  It is truly amazing and we both feel so very blessed to make it here.

Thanks for Reading,
HEATHER



1 comment:

  1. Such an AMAZING update and they are starting to look like babies now in your tummy! A tiny dancer and a yogi, LOVE IT! So good to hear the bleeding has subsided for SIX DAYS!!! Praying it continues to stay away!

    ReplyDelete