Monday, June 6, 2016

Current Medication List

A few people have asked what my current protocol is so I thought I would post it here.  Everything listed is to assist in maintaining the pregnancy. Levothyroxine is to regulate my thyroid.  Lovenox is a blood thinner to prevent miscarriage.  The addition of extra supplements to my prenatal is because I am a vegetarian and those vitamins I tend to run low on.


Medications:
levothyroxine 50mcg - 1 a day
estradiol 2 mg - 3 a day
oral progesterone 100mg - 3 a day
progesterone suppositories 400mg - 2 a day
lovenox - 1 a day

Supplements:
Thorne basic prenatal - 3 a day
algae omega 715mg omega 3 - 3 a day
baby aspirin - 1 a day
vitamin D 5,000 iu - 2 a day
vitamin C 500mg - 1 a day
iron 15mc - 2 a day
l-5-mthf 1,000mg - 1 a day
CoQ10 200mg - 1 a day

The good news is I received the go ahead to start weaning myself off of some the meds that I'm on because the placenta has been formed and my doctor has determined that some are no longer necessary. This is amazing news. I am so excited to say goodbye to progesterone and lovenox :)  Because I have been on these for so long, I can't just quit overnight, it would be too much of a shock to the babies, so I am doing a slow weaning process.  Here is my weaning schedule:

  • Switch lovenox to every other day for 1 more week
  • Switch oral progesterone to 2 a day this week, then 1 a day next week
  • Switch estradiol to  2 a day this week, then 1 a day next week
  • Continue progesterone suppositories 400 mg 2 a day for this  week, then 200 mg 2 a day next week,  then 200 at night only the following next week
  • Continue baby aspirin for 3 weeks then discontinue
The more hurdles and obstacles we pass and overcome, the more real this pregnancy gets.  I'm still on bedrest for precautionary purposes but it's pretty exciting to make it this far and know that my body is starting to take care of the babies and I no longer need these medications.  We are still on weekly ultrasound appointments so I will have another update on Thursday.

Thanks for Reading,
HEATHER






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your med list Heather, I often wonder what other woman are doing post transfer. I'm still on PIO shots and Estridiol patches and they asked me to stay on the baby aspirin. Praying those little babies are healthy and strong!

    ReplyDelete